What drivers licence is required to hire a commercial vehicle?
A ‘B’ licence will cover you to drive any van under 3.5 ton GVW (gross vehicle weight).
A ‘C1’ licence is required for vehicle categories over 3.5 ton and up to 7.5 ton GVW.
A ‘C’ licence is required for any vehicle over 7.5 ton GVW
A full and valid drivers’ licence is required for all truck & van rental, and must be produced upon collection of a vehicle.
Do I need to insure the vehicle on my own insurance?
- Yes, your own comprehensive insurance cover is required as we do not provide cover.
- We will require an email from your insurers confirming comprehensive cover is in place on our vehicle for the duration of rental.
- Cover must also note our interest.
- If hire is extended you must again contact your insurers, extend cover and ensure they send us further confirmation by email. We hold this on file with the rental agreement.
We regret that we are unable to release any vehicle until insurance confirmation is received by email from your insurer.
Is payment required in advance and do you need a deposit?
Yes, all hire is payable in advance and deposits are also required.
Payment can be made by either credit card or bank transfer.
Extensions of hire beyond the initial hire period are also payable in advance.
The minimum deposit required is €300, dependent on vehicle type and duration of hire.
Vehicles hired on a weekly basis will be subject to a deposit of 1 weeks’ hire.
Hires based on a monthly basis will require a deposit of 1 month’s hire.
All deposits are in addition to the hire cost and are required in advance.
Deposits are refundable at the end of hire, once the vehicle is returned in the same condition, and any hire related charges, toll costs etc. have already been settled in full.
Please contact us on 01 8321316 to discuss further.
When I’ve booked a vehicle, what do I need bring with me when collecting?
You will need to present the following upon collection:
- Your full drivers’ licence for the category vehicle you are hiring. Licences with endorsements and provisional licences are not accepted.
- Two forms of identification – photo ID i.e. driving licence, and ID that confirms your home/business address, e.g. utility bill, bank statement etc.
- Credit/debit card in your own name for advance payment of rental and deposit (unless already received by bank transfer or paid by card over the phone). Please note that if the credit/debit card is not in your name but is in the name of a family member, friend or colleague, they must be also present upon collection of the vehicle to authorise payment against the hire, and they must also produce their own photo ID, i.e. driving licence or passport
- Confirmation of comprehensive insurance from your broker/insurance company, noting our interest (if not already sent to us by email). Vehicles cannot be released until we receive confirmation of cover on our vehicle by email from your insurance company or broker.
Are there any territorial limits as to where I can bring the vehicle?
Yes, hire vehicles may only be used within Ireland.
What methods of payment do you accept for truck & van rental?
Payment for truck & van rental is accepted by credit/debit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard & Visa Debit. For longer term hires payment can be made by bank transfer in advance.
Please note that if the credit/debit card is not in your name but is in the name of a family member, friend or colleague, they must be also present upon collection of the vehicle to authorise payment against the hire, and they must also produce their own photo ID, i.e. driving licence or passport
Who pays for the toll road charges, fines etc?
It is your responsibility to pay for all toll charges, together with any parking or speeding fines for the duration of hire. Any unpaid fines will be charged at end of hire plus an administration fee of €15.00 plus vat
Where are you located?
We are located just off the M1 / M50 interchange on the R139 in Baldoyle Industrial Estate, Dublin 13. Our telephone no. is 01 8321316 Eircode: D13F6T8